Gyms & Weight Rooms
Prevent Infections in Exercise Facilities
Did you know treadmills harbor 74 times more bacteria than a water faucet? Its no joke. If you are a gym owner or a workout warrior, you need to consider how to prevent infections. Exercise is an important part of a healthy life style, and so is protecting yourself and your members from getting an infection. Clear Gear can be used on the following equipment and facilities:
- Cardio Machines
- Yoga and gym mats
- Locker Rooms, bathrooms, showers, pools, whirlpools, saunas, etc.
- Spin Bikes and Mats
- Common Areas such as door knobs, front desk, water fountains and faucets
Gym & Weight Room
Wipe down gym equipment before and after each use – sounds basic but you would be surprised how many people don’t wipe down the equipment they use
Follow a sports hygiene protocol after your workout
- Shower and wash workout clothes and towels immediately after your workout
- Clean and/or treat gym bags, home equipment and athletic shoes regularly with Clear Gear Spray
- Don’t share towels or other personal items, don’t sit naked in the locker room with a towel and wear shower shoes
- Keep all cuts, lesions or abrasions clean, dry and covered
Talk with your gym about their protocols – do they have disinfecting wipes for members to use, do they use a spray disinfectant like Clear Gear each night to clean the equipment and facility? Ask how they keep members safe.
Gym owners and managers play a critical role in keeping gyms and facilities infection free and controlling odors! Just as important as understanding why you need to disinfect gym equipment is knowing how and what to clean. Disinfecting wipes are a great way to have members help to clean equipment, but they don’t thoroughly disinfect and many members don’t use them. Ideally, gyms will proactively disinfect and deodorize equipment and facilities during the day and at closing time.
Keeping your gym disinfected is easier than you think. Clear Gear Spray is an EPA-approved disinfecting and deodorizing sports gear and equipment spray that kills 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Clear Gear Spray cleans in one easy step and is safe to use on all kinds of equipment. Plus, it has a light scent, which means it doesn’t have overpowering noxious fumes for members.
Clear Gear is safe to use on all equipment and facilities such as:
- Free weights, nautilus equipment, medicine balls, jump ropes, resistance bands, leg and wrist weights
- Cardio machines such as treadmills, stair climbers, rowing machines, spin bikes and stationary weight machines
- Facilities such as locker rooms, bathrooms, showers, pools, whirlpools, saunas
- Common touch areas such as handles and door knobs, floors, tables and chairs, front desk area