Proper Sports Hygiene
Sports Hygiene for All Athletes
Proper sports hygiene is a critical element to reducing infections and odors. Athletes of all ages (including youth and teenagers) need to follow a routine to keep safe. At Clear Gear, we not only want to help with odors and infection prevention, we also want to be a resource to help athletes, parents and coaches implement a sports hygiene routine.
Before the next workout, practice or game, follow these steps to keep infection free, and help with those pesky odors.
Sports Hygiene Tips
- Shower with soap and water immediately after practice/games/matches
- Do not share personal hygiene items (bar soap, towels, razors), clothing or water bottles
- Ensure any cuts/scraps are cleaned and dressed properly before and after practice/games
- Do not store sweaty or wet gear/clothing in lockers, gym bag or closets
- Use Clear Gear on sports equipment and shoes after each practice or game; spray down that equipment bag too.
- Always spray Clear Gear after playing a game against an opposing team. That’s when cross-contamination of germs can lead to infection.
Download Sports Hygiene Tips for Athletes PDF