Disinfect and Deodorize Lacrosse Gear
Stinky odor and dangerous skin infections are caused by lacrosse equipment that hasn’t been treated and disinfected. Clear Gear Spray keeps lacrosse gear odor and bacteria free. To help prevent odor and infections, use Clear Gear Spray after every lacrosse game and practice on the following:
- Shoulder pads, arm pads, chest protectors
- Lockers, benches, showers
- Field practice equipment
- Equipment bags
Lacrosse Gear Cleaning Tips
Remove any loose dirt and debris from your gear and equipment.
Spray Clear Gear on the inside and outside surfaces of lacrosse gear and equipment.
- Helmets: Spray liberally inside the helmet with special attention to the forehead area and chin straps. Remove inserts to allow to air dry. Be sure to also spray the crown of the helmet and in the crevices to prohibit the growth of mold, mildew, and odor-causing bacteria.
- Lacrosse pads and protectors: Spray liberally on both the porous underside of the pads as well as the hard caps.
- Cleats: If possible, remove the soles. Spray both sides of the sole as well as the inside of the shoe thoroughly with Clear Gear Spray to eliminate odor, bacteria, and fungus.
- Gloves: Spray outside and inside of gloves with Clear Gear Spray thoroughly, and let air dry to eliminate odor, bacteria, and fungus.
After treating with Clear Gear Spray, hang or store equipment in a well-ventilated area and allow to fully air dry. Avoid storing gear in damp, musty environments, which increases the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, and odor.
Note: Lacrosse gear and equipment that has never been disinfected or deodorized and is very odorous may need several treatments with Clear Gear Spray to reduce odors. Use Clear Gear Spray from the start with new gear and equipment to prevent bacteria and odors.
Click here for important sports hygiene tips for athletes.