Disinfect and Deodorize Hockey Gear
Stinky odor and dangerous skin infections are caused by hockey equipment that hasn’t been treated and disinfected. Clear Gear Spray keeps hockey gear odor and bacteria free.
To help prevent odor and infections, use Clear Gear Spray after every hockey game and practice on the following:
- Helmets, chin straps, and cages
- Neck guards
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads and shin pads
- Lockers, benches, showers
- Equipment bags
- Goalie chest protectors, blockers, and catch gloves
Hockey Gear Cleaning Tips
Remove any loose dirt and debris from your gear and equipment.
Spray Clear Gear on the inside and outside surfaces of hockey gear and equipment after each use.
- Gloves, blockers, catch gloves: Apply 3-4 sprays inside the gloves and blockers. Allow to fully “air dry.”
- Skates: Apply 3-4 sprays inside the skate, making sure to spray the tongue and walls of the boot. Allow to fully air dry.
- Helmets, chin straps, and cages: Spray liberally inside the helmet (3-5 sprays) with special attention to the forehead area and chin straps. Spray the crown of the helmet and in the crevices to prohibit the growth of mold, mildew, and odor-causing bacteria.
- Elbow pads, shin pads, goalie chest protectors: Spray liberally on the inside of the pads that come in contact with the player’s body. Allow to fully air dry.
- Equipment bags: Periodically empty the bag of all equipment and contents, and spray liberally inside the bag to eliminate bacteria, mold, and mildew. Allow to fully air dry.
After treating with Clear Gear Spray, hang or store equipment in a well-ventilated area and allow to fully air dry. Avoid storing gear in damp, musty environments, which increases the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, and odor.
Note: Hockey gear and equipment that has never been disinfected or deodorized and is very odorous may need several treatments with Clear Gear Spray to reduce odors. Use Clear Gear Spray from the start with new gear and equipment to prevent bacteria and odors.
Click here for important sports hygiene tips for athletes.