Disinfect and Deodorize Football Gear and Equipment
Clear Gear Spray keeps football gear bacteria and odor free. To prevent infections and odors, use Clear Gear Spray after every use on all of the following gear and equipment:
- Shoulder pads
- Field practice equipment
- Lockers, benches, showers
- Equipment bags
Football Gear Cleaning Tips
Remove any loose dirt and debris from your gear and equipment.
Spray Clear Gear Spray on the inside and outside surfaces of football gear and
- Helmets: Spray liberally inside the helmet with special attention to the forehead area and chin straps. Remove inserts to allow to air dry. Be sure to also spray the crown of the helmet and in the crevices to prohibit the growth of mold, mildew, and odor-causing bacteria.
- Shoulder pads: Spray liberally on both the porous underside of the pads as well as the hard caps.
- Cleats: If possible, remove the soles. Spray both sides of the sole as well as the inside of the shoe thoroughly with Clear Gear Spray to eliminate odor, bacteria, and fungus.
- Gloves: Spray the outside of gloves thoroughly. Turn gloves inside out, spray with Clear Gear Spray, and air dry to eliminate odor, bacteria, and fungus.
After treating with Clear Gear Spray, hang or store equipment in a well-ventilated area and allow to fully air dry. Avoid storing gear in damp, musty environments, which increases the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, and odor.
Note: Football gear and equipment that has never been disinfected or deodorized and is very odorous may need several treatments with Clear Gear Spray to reduce odors. Use Clear Gear Spray from the start with new gear and equipment to prevent bacteria and odors.
Click here for important sports hygiene tips for athletes.