Disinfect and Deodorize Baseball Gear and Equipment
Stinky odor and dangerous skin infections are caused by baseball equipment that hasn’t been treated and disinfected. Clear Gear Spray keeps baseball gear odor and bacteria free.
To help prevent odor and infections, use Clear Gear Spray after every baseball game and practice on the following:
- Batting helmets
- Bats used by the entire team
- Batting gloves
- Field practice equipment
- Lockers, benches, showers
- Equipment Bags
- Umpire and catchers’ masks, pads, protectors and shin guards.
Baseball Gear Cleaning Tips
Remove any loose dirt and debris from your gear and equipment.
Spray Clear Gear on the inside and outside surfaces of baseball gear and equipment.
- Batting helmets and umpire and catchers’ masks: Spray liberally inside the helmet or mask, with special attention to the forehead area and chin straps. Remove inserts to allow to air dry. Be sure to also spray the crown of the helmet and in the crevices to prohibit the growth of mold, mildew, and odor-causing bacteria.
- Pads and protectors: Spray liberally on both the porous underside of the pads and protectors as well as the hard caps.
- Cleats: If possible, remove the soles. Spray both sides of the sole as well as the inside of the shoe thoroughly with Clear Gear Spray to eliminate odor, bacteria, and fungus.
- Gloves: Spray the outside of gloves thoroughly to eliminate odor, bacteria, and fungus.
- Bats: Spray the entire surface of the bat and handle with Clear Gear Spray, with special attention to the grip. Allow to air dry before using again.
- Equipment bags: Periodically empty the bag of all equipment and contents, and spray liberally inside the bag to eliminate bacteria, mold, and mildew. Allow to fully air dry.
After treating with Clear Gear Spray, hang or store equipment in a well-ventilated area and allow to fully air dry. Avoid storing gear in damp, musty environments, which increases the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, and odor.
Note: Baseball gear and equipment that has never been disinfected or deodorized and is very odorous may need several treatments with Clear Gear Spray to reduce odors. Use Clear Gear Spray from the start with new gear and equipment to prevent bacteria and odors.
Click here for important sports hygiene tips for athletes.