Kids are heading back to school, and while this is an exciting time, it also poses some challenges. With the pandemic still spreading, it’s more important than ever for parents to take measures keep kids safe and healthy. With a game plan and some gym equipment disinfectant spray, we can help prevent the spread of germs so that children can enjoy the back-to-school season.
Here are some tips for sending your kids back to school safely.
Find Out Which Safety Measures are in Place
It’s essential to fully understand the safety protocols that the school has implemented. Reach out to the school administration to find out what measures they’re taking, talk to your child’s teacher and research the school’s website and social media channels. Ask the following questions:
- Are both teachers and staff vaccinated?
- Is hand sanitizer readily available in classrooms, cafeteria, the gym and restrooms?
- Are there handwashing stations or locations in place?
- Are social distancing measures in effect in all areas of the campus and buses?
- What measures have been taken to make physical education classes and sports safer?
- What cleaning and disinfection protocols are in place?
- Which bleach-free disinfectant spray is being used? Is it EPA-registered?
- If someone shows COVID-19 symptoms, will they be sent home?
- What happens if a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19?
Promote Everyday Hygiene
Reiterate the need for good hygiene to your children. The Delta variant transmits very easily so they need to up their hygiene game to protect themselves. Here are a few things to do to help prevent the spread of germs:
- Remind your kids to wash their hands properly with soap and water throughout the day and as soon as they get home from school.
- Give them with their own stash of hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and a small bottle of gym equipment disinfectant spray to carry in their backpack.
- Provide several masks to wear and remind them to practice social distancing.
- Remind them to cover their mouth and nose when they cough and teach them the Vampire Sneeze to help prevent germs from spreading.
Schedule an Annual Physical
If you haven’t already, now is an ideal time to schedule a physical and wellness exam for your child with their primary physician. Ask for tips to help build a healthy immune system and insight for how to protect themselves during the school day. Make sure all their vaccines are up-to-date.
Establish a Germ-Fighting Zone
Backpacks, shoes and other school items can easily spread germs like the ones that cause the flu, colds and COVID-19. Considering setting up a germ-fighting zone in your entry way where children can leave their shoes and other items as soon as they walk in the door. Immediately disinfect these items with a bleach-free disinfectant like Clear Gear to destroy 99.9% of germs and odors without causing damage or discoloration.
Visit this link for more information about our powerful gym equipment disinfectant spray that kills 99.9% of germs, including COVID-19, in one minute.